Monday

 The sun came out this weekend and we decided to take advantage of our little balcony for the first time.
Dinner was an olive loaf and cheese...
My mom called me when she saw my paneer post to tell me that she happened to be trying out a recipe for quark, 
a German-style cheese that we love, but find too expensive to buy here in the States.
It is practically same recipe as paneer only uses buttermilk instead of lemons.
Here is the recipe she used in The Los Angeles Times.
For this spread I made ricotta, which is equally as easy as paneer and quark.
It's so delish with chili oil and creamy goat cheese. 
I was just wishing I had some Regina to drizzle over the top!



11 comments:

natasha said...

looks soooo beautiful ashley! i can't wait to eat on my balcony this summer. also one of my best friends is bavarian, we made a quark cheesecake together and it was SO RIGHTEOUS!

R.G. said...

that is such an amazing spread! so good and fresh.

Anonymous said...

funny, I was just thinking (a few seconds before reading your post) how nice some homemade ricotta would be with some dates I'm eating. wavelength! :)

ashley said...

oh yum, yes like dessert ricotta! with honey and dates... good idea

FleurLux said...

lovelyness x

NICOMADE said...

oh my goodness this looks so incredibly delicious!

Minnie said...

This should be in a magazine. Gee my Paneer didn't look like this. I am wondering where I went wrong. Arrh
Sorry about your ceiling, alot of sparkling.

Alyson Redding said...

Jeeze louise gurl! Where IS this? Is it that other weird little brick building by your old place?

When I come home, it will be August - perfect for balcony dining. I propose lunch and talk of travels and life in general!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

This looks especially enticing as I watch the rain fall outside my windows.

Shayna said...

oh lovely! my husband talks about quark incessantly. he grew up eating it two ways:

+ with strawberries and "Leinöl" and a little bit of sugar
+ with chives and "Leinöl" and red potatoes

i'll make this for him ASAP, he'll be so happy!

Contemplating Beauty said...

LOOKS divine!!! Will try to make actually...eek