Thursday

I had kind of thought that Spring was on its way, but boy was I wrong! It has been snowing here for the past few days and freezing cold. Sjöman's biff  (sailor's steak) was the perfect answer!

This is probably one of the best things I've made in a long time and also THE EASIEST!

All you really need is sirloin steak, potatoes, onion and a good beer... we added in celery and carrot just because we had some. Otherwise just brown onions and beef, add sliced potatoes, pour the beer in, put a lid on it, and let it cook for an hour. I was so surprised it didn't need any flavoring besides a little cracked pepper and sea salt. I also put a spoonful of stone mustard on top and ate with one of Sara's pickles.

 All bundled up...
 We drank the rest of beer with the stew- kind of the perfect pairing

2 comments:

SASHA said...

this looks like my beef stew:) i always use beer (not wine like i think you're more supposed to...). looks great!

Vanessa said...

YUM!