Tuesday


Spent the rest of the weekend out at Oxbow Farm for their fall harvest festival.
Portrait of Jen
  Of course the most amazing spread
 Cold-pressed cider, which we later spiked with the tastiest whiskey...
 Hay bale ride 
 Farmer Adam talking about leeks... 
We learned to use ALL the green part
(we only used some before)
 And got to take the leek home,
which we sauteed with kale for brunch and put a poached egg on it, yum.
 We got a personal tour of the farm from Jen
 Yay Seattle! 
(So happy to hear Foxy Knoxy is free!!!)
 We harvested ground cherries from a plot near Jen's yurt
 They are so delicious, have you tried them?
Their little packages are so cute!
 Harvest
 Such a wonderful lifestyle...
 Campfire 
 and song!

11 comments:

SASHA said...

ohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyy

R.G. said...

so nice! the ground cherries look like paper balloons.

stephanie renee said...

i love ground cherries!

Jaime Rugh said...

Utterly gorgeous

Brittany said...

this looks RAAAD

melinda said...

the ground cherries-cape gooseberries? are so delicious and pretty. i tried them at the edible schoolyard in berkeley for the first time and fell double in love (actually triple because the farmer there was so lovely).i tried to grow them from seed in tokyo and got a few fruit.

emma said...

they are like smaller cape gooseberries.

my favorite is on soba with cucumber and sesame seeds.

!!!!

Alyson Redding said...

Sooo purdy. I think we've discussed the struggle of city versus nature before - and this definitely makes it seem like an easy decision!

Ps. How do you use the whole leek?? This is news to me! I only ever used the bottoms.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful fall.

Colleen said...

I just stumbled here and saw farmer Adam. He is my neighbor's son! Small world, this blogosphere...

Hayley said...

Oh man I'm so glad Sasha's blog directed me to yours! I love this type of blog. Obsessed. I tried some tomatillos recently (I think they are a larger version of ground cherries). They're so cute!